The Spring General Meeting was held at the club on Wednesday, May 4. Here are the highlights:
- the competition committee submitted a proposed calendar of events. They include;
- May 29 - Open House/Membership Blitz
- June 4 - National Bowls Day
- June 18 - Dave Dennis Memorial Tournament
- July 1 - Canada Day Tournament
- July 23 - Yardstick Tournament
- August 6-7 - Medicine Hat Memorial Triples Tournament
- August 20 - Novice Tournament
- August 27 - Lawn Bowling Golf Tournament
- September 10 or 17 - Season Wind Up Tournament
- Mondays - Singles Competitive League
- Tuesdays - Pairs Competitive League
- Tuesdays - Youth
- Wednesdays - Jitney
- Wednesdays - Special Olympics Bocce
- Thursdays - B3 League - Medicine Hat Catholic School Employees
- Thursdays - Hell's Basement League
- Sundays - Youth
- Day Time League - TBA
- Membership dues will rise to $50/season (from $35). Increase cost of insurance, cost of green maintenance, cost of equipment use, were all cited for the needed increase. It was the first increase in seven years.
- The club is participating in the Safe Sport Initiative. All national, provincial, regional, and other sports organizations are strongly suggested to set up Safe Sport Initiatives in order to educate members about abuse, bullying, and player safety. At the the fall general meeting, we will go through all the Safe Sport documents in order to adopt them for our club.
- Member will now have to complete a membership registration form. This is a part of the Safe Sport Initiative.
- We are currently looking to change insurance providers in order to insure our club in four areas: liability, sport accident, board, and cyber protection. The company we are looking at is the same one all clubs in Alberta, and many other sports organizations are already using as it specializes in sports organizations.
- Rental costs have increase to $15/adult and $10/youth for this year. This is a $5 increase/person
- Parks and Recreation are still working on an agreement with the club. We have been without an agreement for several years now.
Post a Comment